- If the “opportunity” appears too good to be true, it probably is.
- Beware of promises to make fast profits.
- Exercise diligence in selecting investments.
- Be vigilant in researching with whom you choose to invest.
- Make sure you fully understand the investment prior to investing.
- Be wary when you are required to bring in subsequent investors.
- Independently verify the legitimacy of any investment.
- Beware of references given by the promoter.
When Filing a Complaint with the IC3
The IC3 accepts online Internet crime complaints from either the actual victim or from a third party to the complainant. We can best process your complaint if we receive accurate and complete information from you. Therefore, we request that you provide the following information
when filing a complaint: Please include the following:
- Your name
- Your mailing address
- Your telephone number
- The name, address, telephone number, and Web address, if available, of the individual or organization you believe defrauded you.
- Specific details on how, why, and when you believe you were defrauded.
- Any other relevant information you believe is necessary to support your complaint.